Monday, April 20, 2009

Off to the Northland

This morning we left our home in Sebring, FL with Hazen Bay ND on May 19th. our goal. We drove north on US27 to the Florida turnpike and then it was I75 to Valdosta, GA where we made our stop for the night. We drove in rain around Gainsville, FL for a while but it was not a hard rain so driving was not difficult. Just before we reached the GA. state line a van pulled up beside us waving his arms and pointing to the back of the motor home. I looked in the rear view mirror and saw the car trailing of to the right side so pulled over and went back to check. The pin had come out of the tow bar on the left side so we were pulling just from the right side of the tow bar. There was no damage and luckily I had a set of pins with me that I had bought one other time when I had trouble with one of the locks. I must not have gotten the lock on tight this morning when I hooked up. We were lucky as you hear horror stories of tow cars coming completely unhooked and going off to one side or the other. Nancy said she was going to start watching the rear monitor. I said good idea as I get lax about checking it when there is never any change back there.

No comments: