Sunday, September 20, 2009

Seaside, OR

Here we are just a few blocks from the Pacific Ocean in a Thousand Trails RV Park in Seaside, OR. This morning we left Crooked Creek Ranch traveling west through the country side past the Alpaca farm to US 20 at Sisters, OR. From there we traveled west through the Cascade Mountains over Santiam Pass with 7800 ft. Mt Washington on our left. Then it was an 11 mile long winding 6% down grade on the other side. After we descended we drove along the Santiam River winding winding our way toward Albany, OR located in the fertile Wyamet Valley. There we turned north on I-5 traveling through the valley to Portland where we turned NW on US 26. We then traveled through the Clatsop State Forest ending up on US 101 at Seaside. I now know why Oregon has a pine tree on there license plate. After traveling clear across the middle of the state from east to west I believe nearly the whole state must be covered by some kind of evergreen tree and a sign that says curve 35 MPH.
I am again very disappointed with the Thousand Trails Park we are in. For what it cost to join and the cost of the annual dues, plus the glamorous descriptions and pictures in the preserve guide book I expected more of a resort type setting. Instead they all seem to me like second rate poorly maintained parks. If any of you RVer's that read this blog are thinking about joining Thousand Trails I would sure like to visit with you first. I wish we had visited with someone before we wrote the check. Oh well as Nancy says we did it so get over it.

1 comment:

Ilene said...

I enjoy reading your almost daily blogs. It is like we are traveling with you but not having to sit in a vehicle all those hours on curves 35MPH. We do miss our travels we used to enjoy with you.
al and ilene