Friday, June 11, 2010

June in ND

This starts our 3rd. weekend here at at Hazen Bay. Last weekend was nice but camping was slow. This weekend is cold and rainy with hardly any campers. It looks like this is going to be a slow year compared to last year. The weather will warm by the first of July and we will be busy again I am sure. The picture of the abandoned farm stead is north of Hazen. The old threshing machines are also located between here and Hazen. Every time I pass them I am reminded of a parade of circus elephants. I am sure that they were placed like that as a windbreak for the farmstead just to the south. There are hundreds of abandoned threshing machines in ND. Usually you only see one at a time and it will be sitting on top of a hill.

1 comment:

CLS said...

I remember seeing them when we visited you two years ago = maybe not those exactly but older machines lined up - - never thought about the 'wind break' idea !!