Thursday, November 12, 2009

Eunice, LA

After spending the last 3 days at the Thousand Trails Preserve on Lake Conroe north of Huston his morning we departed about 10:30 driving north on I-45 about 30 miles to Huntsville, TX where we turned east on US 190 driving through the rolling tree covered hills of east Texas. Leaving Texas at Newton driving into LA we soon were driving by vast fields of pine trees that soon turned to flat irrigated rice fields. Most of the rice has been harvested but occasionally we did see a field that was still waiting for the combine.We are at the Cajun Campground about 50 miles west of Baton Rouge tonight. Since this is our 49th. wedding anniversary we went to a restaurant for supper. I decided to try Cajun so I had seafood gumbo. Nancy tasted it and said it tasted like dirty dish water. I have never tasted dirty dish water but it did have a taste that made me glad that I had only ordered a cup of it, however it wasn't to bad after I got past the oyster that was in it. Nancy had shrimp with french fries but the french fries were to spicy for her taste. Well so much for eating Cajun we will stick with Mexican.

No comments: