Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Moody, Maine

This morning we left Sturbridge, MA heading east on I-90 toward Boston. It was then northeast on I-495 past Lowell, MA to I-95 north through a few miles on New Hampshire and into Maine. After stopping at the Maine welcome center we left I-95 at exit 7 and headed north on US-1 passing many antique stores, resorts and campgrounds in the small beach towns. After about 10 miles we arrived at Outdoor World Moody Beach Resort. It isn't on the beach but is close. As we drove through the rolling tree covered area today it occurred to me that this must have been what the Christmas song or poem that I always heard as a child meant when it said over the river and though the woods to grandma's house we go. As a child growing up on the high plains of Western NE I could never made any sense to me. Today was another short drive of 125 miles, I am liking these short drives.

No comments: