Sunday, May 31, 2009

Sun. May 31st.



We have a nice group of campers here this weekend, however not nearly as many as last weekend Memorial Day. We have had four beautiful warm and calm days and this morning it looks like we are started on the fifth one as the temp was already 65 degree's at 6:30 this morning.
The small tree and grass sticking out of the water in the picture to the left was an island about 2 or 3 feet out of the water when we got here 2 weeks ago and there was a goose nesting on it. It has been covered by the rising water in the bay in the last couple of days. Yesterday morning I looked and thought that the goslings had not hatched in time but this morning I saw a couple pairs of geese floating around in the bay and each pair had three goslings with them. I feel certain that one of them is the pair that had the nest on the Island. Also this morning I saw a beaver swimming (picture at top left) across the bay toward another Island that also has a couple of goose nests on it. I watched for quit a while after he reached the island but the geese didn't seem to be disturbed so I guess he wasn't after them.

1 comment:

rhymewithdrew.com said...

So you guys travel a lot? I like your posts, so I'm following your blog! Keep me updated on life!

Cheers!

-Andrew